From Coach Pete: Jose is one of those guys you just love to have around. His attitude and positivity are contagious and he brings an energy to class that makes everyone raise their level. Besides being a great guy, his progress in the gym has been extraordinary. As of this publication, Jose is down 85 pounds and loving life. We are so happy to have you and we look forward to watching your success unfold! Thank you for your trust in Roaster Barbell, Jose!
1) What is your why? What gets you out of bed in the morning?
My cousin and I are very close and we have been since we were kids. She has 3 boys and they all look up to me. As someone who has no children of my own, I live to be a great role model for those little guys. I want to be an example that you can have anything you want in life… If you have the right mindset and WORK HARD AS HELL FOR IT!
2) What brought you to Roaster Barbell?
I was referred by fellow Roaster member. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REFERRAL KIM! 😉
3) What is your favorite movement in the gym?
I have found that I love everything and anything that has to do with moving weight.
4) What is your least favorite movements in the gym?
I LOATHE wall balls!
5) What is your biggest obstacle so far?
Assimilating into CrossFit. As someone who was new to CrossFit and out of shape, it can be a bit discouraging when you have to scale due to not being able to do all of the movements within a day’s work out. As I continue to show up day in and day out, I am seeing more and more progress. Some progress is bigger than others, but progress IS PROGRESS! That truly inspires and motivates me more and more each day.
6) What is your greatest accomplishment so far?
In regards to CrossFit…Losing weight as well as continuing to progress!!
In regards to my life… I have 4 degrees. 2 bachelors and 2 masters.
7) If you could have lunch with anyone in history, who would you choose?
8) How has the gym affected your life outside of the gym?
Roaster Barbell has truly saved me in so many ways. I know 2020 has been tough on so many individuals. I personally had to attend 7 funerals before August 2020. It took a toll on me mentally, emotionally, as well as physically. Roaster came along at just the perfect time to not only end this year on a high note for me but to also change my life for the better in so many ways!!
9) What is the most important part of your day?
That 7:30 am workout at Roaster! It helps me start my day off on the right foot with some of my favorite individuals! I LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT!
10) In your opinion, what is the most important aspect of life?
Kindness is the most important aspect of life. Being kind to everyone that you encounter in life in my opinion shows true character.
11) If you had the choice, would you have infinite strength or infinite cardiovascular endurance?
12) Who is someone that you look up to and why?
I have always looked up to successful individuals. I love to surround myself with those that are successful and learn from them in an effort to improve at least one thing within myself. I can honestly say that I focus on and improve at least one major facet of my life every year.
13) What has been the most impactful thing you have learned in the gym about yourself?
The power of your mindset. When your body says “you can’t do this”… Your mind truly dictates if you will do it or not. Mindset is EVERYTHING!
Thank you for taking the time to get to know Jose! If you would like to learn how you could become our next success story, just email Coach Pete at email@example.com and lets begin talking about how Roaster Barbell and help you reach your goals!